Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm Back!!

Hey y'all. My computer has been out-of-use for the past three weeks because my power cord broke. Right away I used my room mate's computer to order a new one on e-bay but, coming from Hong Kong, it took three weeks to get here. It arrived just a few hours ago, so I'm in the process of updating everything (including this blog).

Current food loves include the pumpkin bread my room mate adapted from AllRecipes. We baked four loaves and are on our last one. No one can eat just a slice! It's moist and deliciously spiced. Chocolate is great too. The Kroger value brand of chocolate chips don't have milk in them. Some carob chips are good too - but some are really gross - what's up with that??

Luckily I only have two exams this quarter, both next week, so I have very little to do this week. I'm trying to study some around working and babysitting. I'll be back in forth between Columbus and Athens for the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to the family time, and hopefully I'll have the time and motivation to try some new recipes! My mom is usually more cookbook-oriented than I and therefore I make legitamate meals when she's around. Otherwise I tend to bake squash, cook dried beans, and make things from boxes - none of which is interesting enough to publish online. I do have a few pictures for you. I'll publish them with my next post!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back!

    Hey, do you know of a good carob chip brand? I tried one generic whole foods bag and it was nasty, but I don't think I gave it a fair shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you ever been to raisin rack? i bought carob chips in their bulk section that were really good (and decently priced). other than that one find, all of the others i've tried are nasty.

    ReplyDelete