Friday, August 21, 2009

Go listen to: Ben Folds and Regina Spektor - You Don't Know Me

If I could hire a private chef, I would hire someone who was born in India. I went to dinner at Taj Mahal last night, tomorrow I'm getting lunch with a friend who really wants to eat Indian (any suggestions as to which restaurant we should go to?)tomorrow afternoon, and I'm getting dinner at Banana Leaf to celebrate the first day of Ramadan with Sheema, (my fellow non-muslim friends) Katie, and Ashley.

Afterwards the less morally inclined of us will join my parents party already in progress. To paint a picture for you, one year I was greeted at the door of the luau by our family friend, Stu, dressed in a coconut bra and grass skirt over only a pair of khaki cargo shorts. The loud and confusing encounter prepared me for what was inside.

Okay, my family is sane most of the time, but we sure know how to let our hair down.

I will finally be finished babysitting on Wednesday, which will be a relief. On Tuesday we went to Cedar Point. I skipped out on some of the really big coasters, but I revisited some old favorites like the Magnum, Blue Streak, and Gemini. It brought back a bunch of memories from going during Halloweekends when I was younger.

Mmmmm - my mom just brought home a ton of chopped bok choy, bean sprouts, and romaine lettuce from her friend the caterer. Hello, salad.

This summer, in between babysitting and church meetings I've been watching a LOT of treash reality TV like Dating in the Dark, More to Love, and Hell's Kitchen. Unfortunately, the only movies I've really seen were with the kids: Aliens in the Attic, G-Force, Paul Blart Mall Cop, and Transformers 2, but also Funny People and Night at the Museum 2 with Katie.

I hated everything except Night at the Museum! I never saw the first one so I plan to soon.

In my spiritual life I felt pretty stagnant at the beginning of the summer. A couple of weeks ago I finally voiced those feelings to the people around me. The girls in my homegroup didn't really react...at all. Mom mom, on the other hand, offered to start studying with me every morning before we both go off to work. It's been such a great experience praying and reading the word with her in the morning! It has completely transformed the spiritual tone of my summer. Now, I feel as if God has been usuing me this whole time. He's blessing me with the comfort of my parents' home for the last time. In a little over a week I'll be moving into my first house, where I'll live for two years, until I graduate and move God knows where.

Big changes lie ahead...I'm excited more than anything. Life begins here.

No comments:

Post a Comment