Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Expensive Toilet Water

It's common knowledge that Mondays and Tuesdays are the most stressful days of the week and my schedule doesn't differ. I usually pack breakfast and eat in my classes (a piece of fruit, citrus lately, then a luna bar when I feel hungry again). The walk to the bus, down the street, and up to the third floor usually gets my metabolism going. I like to be truly hungry when I eat, in keeping with Skinny Bitch mentality.




Lunches are salads like those pictured regularly on my page. Sometimes I throw in an Ezekiel Bread and hummus/pb sandwich. Nothing spectacular for less than spectacular winter weekdays.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I do about an hour and a half of cardio at the gym. Between work and class that leaves little room for life. Especially after I subtract the amount of time I spend watching TV shows online (thank you 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Modern Family, The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Grey's Anatomy)

I would really like to eat more "superfoods" but at what point do they become all gimmick? I don't just want expensive toilet water - as my nutrition professor so eloquently refers to Emergen-C and AirBorne. Sprinulina and chia seeds interest me.

On an unrelated note, S has offered to make me dinner next week. He knows full well what he's getting himself into. I anticipate his "four course meal" with interest. I'd promise pictures, but there's no way I'm geeking out by pulling out my camera. Sorry!

1 comment: