Saturday, February 13, 2010

Home made sushi: a photo essay

Last Friday night I stayed in with some girls to make sushi and watch Say Anything (that John Cusak movie with the boom box):
Ingredients included carrots, shallots, avocado, spinach, sprouts, and miso brown rice
Kaiti, birthday girl, is the pro at slicing sushi rolls.

Notice the two legitimate pieces (Kaiti) followed by mush (me). That's why I just wrap things in strips of nori and shove them in my mouth 'Indian food' style when I'm eating by myself.
 
Ridiculously small cupcakes! (And a shot of my kitchen ....)

Kathleen shows off the Clementine v navel orange


The finished product! We didn't use all of the avocado in the sushi so we made some guacamole too. We didn't really watch the movie, it was pretty much background noise. Love these girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment